Makes 8 meals.
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into bite sized cubes
- Green leaf lettuce torn into bite size pieces (2 large heads for 8 servings)
- Finely grated carrot (2 medium carrots for 8 servings)
- Avocado chopped into bite size pieces (4 avocados for eight servings)
- Raw Apple cider vinegar to taste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger or 2 tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Mix ingredients for the marinade. Put the chicken in a large freezer bag or in a glass dish. Add the marinade and mix thoroughly. Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes, or overnight in the refrigerator. This makes about 8 servings. Freeze the excess if not needed. Double the recipe if you want a nice dressing, just remember to reseve half for the salad. Put desired amount of lettuce, carrot, and avocado in up to eight bowls. Cook chicken however desired. I sauteed it in coconut oil. It could be grilled on skewers, broiled, or roasted. Top your salad with chicken and drizzle with RACV or preferred dressing.
“Peanut” Sauce (alternative to marinade):
- 2 T almond butter
- 4 T water
- dash turmeric
- 1/4 t dried ginger
- dask of stevia powder
- dash of raw apple cider vinegar
Mix the almond butter with water, adding turmeric, ginger, stevia, and RACV in a pan and warm and stir it until it reaches a nice consistency.
I used these recipes as guides.